Thursday, November 27, 2014

not to worry









.






Death is a favour to us,
But our scales have lost their balance.
The impermanence of the body
Should give us great clarity, deepening the wonder in our

Senses and eyes

Of this mysterious existence we share

And surely are just travelling through.

 
If I were in the tavern tonight,
Hafiz would call for drinks

And as the Master poured, I would be reminded

That all I know of life and myself is that

We are just a mid-air flight of golden wine

Between His Pitcher and His cup.

If I were in the tavern to night,
I would buy freely for everyone in this world

Because our marriage with the Cruel Beauty

Of time and space cannot endure very long.
 

Death is a favour to us,
But our minds have lost their balance.
 

The miraculous existence and impermanence of
Form

Always makes the illumined ones

Laugh and sing.



–Hafiz







.











No comments:

Post a Comment